International Mentoring Foundation for the Advancement of Higher Education
Quarter Course 1 (Fall 2019): Professional Development
*The descriptions and timelines contained in this syllabus are subject to change at the discretion of the course directors.
Watch the following 4 recorded sessions before November 25th 2019.
*IMPORTANT Note: as a control of visualization of the recorded masterclasses, once you watch each session you have to complete a google form survey. You will find the link to the survey under each video indicated as ¨Fill our visualization survey¨
- CV/resume and Cover letter. Based on the guidelines in this course, create your own CV or resume and write a cover letter for a potential job you would be interested in applying for. Participants who are not currently looking for jobs should still choose a potential future job as practice for which to write a cover letter for. We recommend to share the cover letter and CV/resume with your mentors and peers so you can get feedback. Once you have completed all the exercises, email to IMFAHE (QC@imfahe.org) your cover letter and CV or resume as part of this course, in order to get the diploma.
- Practice a mock interview. Find a mock interview session, or practice the interview process with your peers or mentors. In order to get the quarter course diploma you will need to email all the exercises to IMFAHE (QC@imfahe.org) a document listing 5 potential companies or hosting labs where you would like to work in, including the next information: Who are they? What do they do? What is the value that you will bring to the center? This exercise will help you to prepare yourself for potential future interviews.
- Write and practice your elevator pitch. Write out what your elevator pitch would be and practice giving it to peers. Once you have completed all the exercises, email to IMFAHE (QC@imfahe.org) your written elevator pitch in order to get the diploma.
- Make an effective LinkedIn Profile. Register for LinkedIn (if you do not have an account yet) or log in (if you already have one), and use the tips offered during this course to create a successful LinkedIn Profile. Once you have completed all the exercises, email to IMFAHE (QC@imfahe.org) the link to your Linkedln profile, in order to get your diploma.
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR DIPLOMA:
SOLICIT THE DIPLOMA: Send all PRACTICAL EXERCISES together with the QUESTIONNAIRES of unattended masterclasses (if any) in *COMBINED IN A SINGLE EMAIL before NOVEMBER 25TH 2019 at 14:00h (Madrid Time) to QC@imfahe.org including in the subject of the e-mail [YOUR FULL NAME-YOUR UNIVERSITY-Diploma Request].
* Note 1: ONLY students or professors affiliated to universities that collaborate with IMFAHE in the academic year 2019-20 can apply to the diploma.
* Note 2: It is VERY IMPORTANT that you send everything you need to obtain the diploma in ONLY ONE E-MAIL.